Saturday, January 12, 2008

What a beautiful day , too bad the van is back in the shop.

OK, so last I wrote, I was talking about our wonderful rooster that needed to learn a lesson about who is the boss around here. He seems to have taken the schooling well. The kids are having fun learning about chickens and really love the rabbit. He has been in the house more in the last few days than in the last couple months. I have not met too many kids yet that will not warm up to a nice bunny, fluffy and cuddly. Doc (the rabbit) does get a bit nervous around younger kids as they love to handle him more than he is used to.
After picking up the kids last night, shuffling everyone around(being without enough seats) Sara noticed that the brakes on the van felt squishy. Upon my further investigation, we seem to have broken a brake line and have some leakage. We have decided to not buy something just yet and see how the Lord provides.
It is easy to take the wheel(pun intended) and just go into debt to buy a new van that will make everything better, but I am learning to have some patience. Unfortunately, the only way to work patience is to be tried over and over and have to wait a lot on what God does in our lives. I prayed for patience years ago, and I am sick of waiting for it! Honestly, even though it is hard for me to not just go out and fix everything, I know that God will lead us if we take the time to seek His will and wait on Him to show us.

Mark