Saturday, January 12, 2008

The good and the bad of Google Adsense

Well, it seems I have to tweak a few settings and get a bit more savvy with my Adsense ads. I just blindly allowed Google for content to search my site and come up with relevant ads. Unfortunately, most of my content was about false teachings and the problems with many modern day churches. This led to a seriously scary lot of ads on MY site, most of which led people to believe that I endorsed these sites. Nothing could be farther from the truth. In fact, most of these ads seem very interesting (they have crafty writers) even to me, yet lead to teachings that are completely against what the Bible says on many subjects. One told me that the church age is over, and that Jesus is coming back in the fall of 2011. Guess we had better get to work reaching the lost, we only have less than 4 years to go.
So, please click on the ads on my site for Google pack, Firefox, and other computer related items as I can target specific companies to work with, and they pay me if you click on them. Avoid the religious ones, as I think they will usually be a load of bunk. Sure, it isn't much money, but every little bit counts. I know people that click on other folks blog ads even without interest in the ad. Why would they do that? Because it is big business. You could help buy food for our family of 8 by reading my blog, how about that!

Mark