Monday, December 20, 2010

A wake up call to husbands and fathers

Brothers in Christ,

I know many of you are working very hard to provide for your families. I know many of you have multiple jobs and enormous debt hanging over your head. There is hope, and by living according to God's Word you can find your way out of any situation that seems insurmountable. I have walked this path in the past, and God has shown me how to be all I should be for His glory. I often fail, am weak and humbled each time I look back to see how far I have fallen. Still, I want to share this with you all. Take it as a warning, an offer of help, but don't walk away without seeking the Lord's will in every part of your life. This may be the most important day of your life, the day you examine every particle of your life in light of eternity.

These videos should be watched together. Please take 10 minutes and see the lunacy behind the modern man's common role in regards to his family.  

Click to watch>>Change the world video  and>>> 99 Balloons video

To all you fathers and husbands that tell me that you know your family will be OK without you, that you need just a little more money, this video is for you. Watch the "99 balloons" video, and then the "Change the world" film and tell me that God wants you to disregard your family one more day. Another car or better cell phones will not save your marriage. Only you being the man God called you to be will suffice. Step up and be God's man TODAY!

If I can be of assistance
to anyone in managing time and money, we have been blessed to be able to help in these things before. The only problem I have seen (and that too often) is that most will fall back into their ways of unnecessary spending and video games, even internet videos. I see most of my FB friends posting about Farkle, Farmville, sports, and such while their families crumble around them. God is holding us accountable, don't ever forget that He is the one who blessed you with a family and the one who will decide whether we did so properly.

Our family watched this together, and it shook me to the core. The tears of this father's humble heart poured forth in conviction, and I pray the humble heart will see the truth of this video. I pray pastors and missionaries will wake up to see that they often disregard their primary ministry, that of husband and father, for the sake of the church. These are not in competition. In fact, doing one to the neglect of the other is to shirk the God given responsibility you have been charged with.

Today may be the day you lose a child, that your wife just can't take any more, or that Christ comes back to find us too busy in our own things to obey His commands. 

Humbly submitted,
Mark Cowperthwaite