Saturday, November 1, 2008

The end of homesteading for now

With all that has gone on with us getting ready to move, we have just the layer hens left and they are sold and awaiting delivery. The bantams left yesterday with almost all the fencing. We also sold the feed buckets and such. The TV and VCR are sold. We have lots more for sale, including the house.

So, you can see pictures of our little homestead here , and if you read this blog and know someone wishing to have a little homestead here in Warren, Maine, please let them know that our little 1 acre on the Maine coast is available. I will be writing more after getting preparations ready to move.

I put the tongue and groove pine on the walls about a year ago, and ran out of money and time. I finally found enough money and time to do the trim. I got the door trim all done and some other finish stuff that I have left to do. Those that have been to my house probably had given up on the trim ever being done, but selling a house tends to motivate you to get stuff done. There is plenty of wood in the shed for the winter, so what I have left is just minor cleanup and organizing what to sell and what to keep or give away.

That is about it for this morning. Hope you have a great day.

Mark