Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Truth About Grace- Review

As we have become a bit behind in our expected schedule for book reviews, I have to preface this review with an apology. This book, The Truth About Grace by John MacArthur, has been one of those books that didn't leap off the page to me. Maybe it is the writing style, or possibly the fact that I have listened to Mr. MacArthur on the radio for so many years, but I felt this book just fell flat.

The Truth About Grace is not qualified as a textbook, but was above the standard teaching methodology employed in many pulpits across the world today, as many have rather gone into great depths to provide entertainment and milk teaching rather than getting into the meat of God's truth. It is with this in mind that I admit that I did not learn much about the topic at hand from brother MacArthur, but rather a restating of that which I already knew or believed. I must also admit that this man's teaching on other doctrines, I do have a bit of skepticism in regard to any teaching. Surely this review is not the place to discuss other doctrines, and so I will say shortly that this book is a good read and an encouragement of the grace of God for the average Christian.

We reviewed this book for Booksneeze.com and were provided with a free ecopy  of the book for the purpose of review. As always, you get our honest opinions, the good and the bad. Thanks Booksneeze.com 
Shop Amazon - Year End Deals