Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Light of the world is Jesus

Click on the picture to enlarge

Sometimes late at night, when everyone is asleep, I just get to thinking about the Lord. I spend some time thinking about what it means to be a Christian man and what a blessed privilege it is to know the Light of the world is leading me in truth and wisdom. I looked at this verse in Psalm 43 and thought it fitting to put a visual reminder for myself on my Facebook page.

I enjoy using images of God's Creation (and often cool buildings) to present a Biblical truth, and it always serves as a reminder of the unique responsibility I have to serve the Lord my God as an ambassador for Christ, a husband who longs to be like Christ in my dealings with my wife, and a father to my children as God is the Father of us all. What a challenge, and one that I could never live up to without His light and truth which lead me to His holy hill and His dwelling. Some day I will be in the presence of God forever!

I challenge those Christians who read this blog to remind yourself today of your right and responsibility to speak boldly about the Light that shines in darkness and the only One who can save a soul from darkness forever. Speak about this beautiful Light and remind yourself often that Jesus came to seek and to save the lost. We have a blessed hope in Christ Jesus and I just never get tired of talking about Him, my Savior, Redeemer, and King.