Friday, January 13, 2012

"I hate religion, even though Jesus established religion"

Even the Catholic church has stepped into the fray on the "I hate religion, but love Jesus" video. Though I don't agree with the way Catholics seem to be able to make a tradition out of about anything, you have to agree that they do take seriously the command of Jesus in regard to the Lord's Supper. I qualify this by saying the Bible does not agree with transubstantiation at all, as that was added in much later. Still, the man makes a point with the following article, which is witty and informative.
Read the entire post here, or check this quote below:"It's one thing to ignore Christ's statement to 'eat my body.' It's another to ignore his command to “do this in memory of me.” Christcommanded that we have ritual. The early church followed this ritual, they obeyed his command to “do this in memory of me.” We know this because Paul says: “Is not the cup of blessing which we bless a sharing in the blood of Christ? Is not the bread which we break a sharing in the body of Christ?”


I have to clarify again, that I do not believe in the theology of this author or the article, but appreciate some of his insight into the video. The Roman Catholic church has enough problems of its own, but I have not nearly enough time to deal with all that in this post. Maybe some day!