Saturday, January 21, 2012

Biblical patriarchy and the modern man

I plan to start a series here in the near future on the place of Biblical patriarchy and the modern family. I know there will be some roadblocks to overcome and some things that we might have to disagree with folks on, but I think it is imperative that Christian men step up to the plate and do the job to which they have been called.

The Cowperthwaite Family August 2010
I see the responsibility before God to love my wife as Christ loved the church, and I shudder to think how often I fail at this. By God's grace, I hope to grow in wisdom and practice of those things we are learning from God's Word. Concerning raising children, we know there are many techniques and much to which we do not wish to make mandates where the Bible is silent, but we will bring to light some of the things to which God has made things clear. We know we are to train our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, to be the example for the younger men, and so much more.

In the process, we will surely find more failures (at least in my own life) but I am confident that these things when powered by the Holy Spirit and the truth of God's Word will bring us into obedience of the fulness of God's plan for men in the family.

Who is with me?