Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I spoke too soon

I was informed that the fellas in the men's group were not on board with my decision to sing from the parade float this time. So, I guess unless I want to sing alone, the music will be reserved for the ride back after the parade is over.
That being said, the Lobster Festival parade is Saturday, August 2. We have a little less running around to do this time, as most of the float is already decorated, we just have to rewire my truck for the trailer. We learned a difficult lesson about trailer wiring which I may have to write about some time.
All that said, we should be handing out thousands of Gospel tracts and CDs this weekend. Be in prayer that they land where God would have them land. Also, be in prayer that hearts would be prepared(both in us and those receiving). I will write more later, just wanted to update with all that is going on.
Anyone who would like to participate in the parade with us is welcome to call or email me. This is being put together in cooperation with a couple churches and we welcome more help on parade day. If you have never felt comfortable handing out gospel tracts, this is a great first step. Also coming up in a few weeks, we will be at the Union Fair preaching the gospel and doing open air evangelism. We have a booth and still need more help.

Mark