Sunday, May 18, 2008

A long time coming

I know that I have not written about anything of substance in a while. In men's group yesterday, I was asked how my prayer life was going, and if I was in the Word of God like I should be. I had to admit that my prayer time was not what it should be. It would seem that sometimes we get caught up in what we are doing and forget why we are doing it.

It is sometimes this way in our Christian walk. I would be fairly certain that I am not the first to experience this problem, but that makes it no better, and maybe worse that I did not learn from past experience or other's mistakes in the same area. The guys let me know that it seemed like when I was studying more, it was evidenced in my blog. You know, this blog, the one that I have not written anything important on in a month or more. While I do not agree that time in front of the computer typing is equal to a good spiritual walk, and neither do the guys, in my talk and walk it is obvious when I am not where I should be.

It does seem that whenever God is showing me things that I just burst forth with excitement, ready to share and encourage anyone who will listen about His truth and when He is doing in our lives. God truly has been at work, molding us into the image of His Son, Jesus. We are doing pretty well as a family, and many things have changed, making us closer to the Lord. I hope you will continue to read on, and please contact me with questions about my writing. I hope this is challenging, encouraging, and most of all honoring to God. I will be writing next about our family Bible reading time.

Mark