Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Eagle Story-- Seven steps to overcome sin.

I recently got an email about the book "The Eagle Story" that read as follows:
"Hi there, if you by any chance have the book, and if posting a quote is ok, would you be willing to post the seven steps? My copy of the book is in a box in an attic in the U.S.
Back in the day, my father simplified the steps so my little sibs could memorize them more easily. And now I only remember the dumbed-down ones. ("We don't say that word!" I can hear my brother saying all the way across the pond.)"
I am not able to post the whole of this answer, but I don't believe it would be infringing on the copyright of the book to post the steps. So, for those who don't have the book or have not read it completely, the book talks about how to keep ourselves from falling into the snare of temptation and sin. The steps are below, but this is by no means able to tell the whole story. Nevertheless, I think the steps are profitable, but you really need to read the book for yourself. It is available at amazon.com and probably many other places ( not on christianbook.com, I looked)

Seven steps to conquer sinful habits.
1. Engraft Romans 6 and 8 into your soul.
2.Meditate on these verses day and night.
3.Picture yourself dead to the power and appeal of sin.
4.Make no provision for sinful habits.
5.Compare the law of sin to the law of gravity(explained well in the book)
6.Become accountable to your God given authority
7.Recognize and obey the Scriptural promptings of God's Spirit.

Sorry I cannot explain these better right now, but I don't feel that I should copy the whole thing. It just would not be right. If you cannot afford a copy of this book, check your local or church library. I may be able to find a copy to lend out also. It is a great resource, but the story always points back to Scripture, and that is its greatest strength. Ultimately, we should always check all information from men back to how it agrees with the Word of God. I hope you enjoy this book.

Mark